Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Politics



Recently I was sent to cover Senator John McCain's visit to Las Cruces, New Mexico. It was my first assignment after returning from a two week long vacation in the East Coast. It didn't take long to get back in the swing of things. After mingling with photographers and news media people it was down to business as I try to focus on the work at hand. The Media relations people for McCain were very cool. They know local press is at the bottom of the totem pole, so when I got the chance to shoot up close of him speaking it was a bit nerve wrecking. Security personnel keeping their eyes on you at all times. The experience seems to be surreal. In these cases you can only try to get something "different" and not embarrass yourself or the people you work for. These two images above are some of my observations from the event.

No comments: